Community Living Prince Edward is a not-for-profit organization that exists to facilitate the full participation, inclusion, and citizenship of people with an intellectual disability in the life of the community. We are located in Picton, ON and we are currently recruiting for a:
DIRECTOR, FINANCE & ADMINISTRATON
The Director, Finance and Administration reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for providing senior-level financial/accounting and will be mentored by the current Director, Finance & Administration throughout the transition period.
• Ensures that all financial affairs of the organization are conducted in compliance with legislative requirements, align with internal controls, generally accepted accounting principles, policies and procedures of the organization and other requirements as may be required under contracts with funders and, in particular, with the Ministry of Children, Community & Social Services.
• Develops, implements, and maintains accounting policies for a wide-ranging set of activities including financial accounting and reporting, payroll, benefit costs etc. while overseeing operations.
• Ensures that the Executive Director and Board of Directors are kept apprised of relevant financial matters, practices, and issues.
• Manages the organization’s cash flow and forecasting.
• Implements contract management and financial management reporting system and ensures that contract billing is adhered to, and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
• Works closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
• Prepares and submits contract proposals to MCCSS and other funding/granting authorities, as required.
• Prepares monthly financial statements and the Annual Program Expenditure Report (APERs) and other reconciliation reports as may be required by funding authorities.
• Administers banking and loan agreements and invest organizational funds, under the supervision of the ED
• Liaises with the Executive Director with the organization’s external auditors, government finance and program staff, legal counsel with respect to financial matters.
• Oversees and leads the annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Executive Director.
• Provides leadership, support, guidance, and supervision to the members of the finance team.
• Oversees audit and tax functions, reporting, co-ordinates activities with outside audit firms and reviews organizational performance.
Director, Finance Administration
Community Living Prince Edward
Skills and Knowledge Required:
• Accounting designation or nearing completion, or equivalent experiences deemed appropriate by the employer.
• A minimum of at least five (5) years of related experience in progressively more responsible financial roles.
• Excellent knowledge and experience using Adagio, Microsoft Office with an expert level in Excel, payroll software.
• The incumbent will demonstrate tact, excellent judgement, discretion, and confidentiality always, along with a high degree of initiative, with proven skills to work with limited direction in a demanding work environment with competing priorities and deadlines.
• Knowledge of the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services, The Services and Supports to Promote the Social Inclusion of Persons with Developmental Disabilities Act, 2008 and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 would be an asset.
• Awareness of the Workplace Safety & Insurance Act and the Occupational Health & Safety Act, The Employment Standards Act and the duty to comply with Employer responsibilities as outlined therein.
• Experience working in a unionized environment is an asset
• Must possess a valid class G license and access to reliable transportation
If you are interested in working in the not-for-profit sector, share in the values and beliefs of the Community Living initiative, and are looking for a financial role where you can transition your skills into a long-term career, then please forward your detailed resume and cover letter, by no later than, February 25, 2022, outlining how your skills and experiences match the identified qualifications, duties and responsibilities to:
Roxanne.email@example.com. or mail it to Community Living Prince Edward, 67 King Street Unit #1, Picton, ON K0K 2T0.
To review the full position description, go to www.clpe.on.ca -> employment opportunities - > become an employee
It is mandatory that all applicants meet the definition of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those being selected for an interview will be contacted.
Community Living Prince Edward is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection and appointment processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to this process, please advise human resources of your need to accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.