Community Living Prince Edward is a not for profit organization located in Picton that exists to facilitate the full participation, inclusion and citizenship of people with an intellectual disability in the life of the community. We are located in Picton, ON and we are currently recruiting for a:
FULL-TIME FINANCE OFFICER to transition into the DIRECTOR, FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION
Reporting to the Director, Finance & Administration and over the next six (6) months, this position will transition to the Director, Finance & Administration role as part of CLPE’s succession planning. Starting with understanding CLPE's bi-weekly payroll and Accounting systems, the incumbents’ salary will start at the Payroll/Accounting level, and then after six (6) months will increase to the Director’s level.
The Finance Officer is responsible for providing senior-level payroll, budgeting, finance and accounting support to the Director, Finance & Administration. The incumbent will be mentored by the current Director, Finance & Administration throughout the transition period.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsibility for the administration of CLPE’s bi-weekly payroll using ADP’s Pay @ Work module, and transmission to the automated payroll system. Knowledge of working with a complex set of Collective Agreement Rules as it pertains to payroll would be an asset.
- Assist in the maintenance of in-house computer programs for the organization’s payroll/accounting systems.
- Maintain all financial records according to “Generally-Accepted Accounting Principles”.
- Co-ordinate and prepare the Agency’s annual budget.
- Provide monthly financial reports to senior management and appropriate cost centre managers detailing expenditures and variances.
- Perform account reconciliations.
- Process WSIB, union dues, HST, EHT remittances.
- Prepare and submit employee RRSP Contributions to carrier monthly.
- Assist in the completion of all financial reporting requirements of the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services, local Municipality and any other legal authorities i.e. annual budget submissions, minor capital requests, quarterly reports, APERS, AIR etc.
- Preparation and liaison with auditors for the annual audit.
- Preparation and submission of Registered Charity Information Returns
- Provide backup for Director, Finance & Administration during absences and become orientated to the Director, Finance & Administration role to develop the competencies required to succession into this role.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Accounting designation or working towards completion.
- Post-Secondary degree in Accounting.
- A minimum of at least five (5) years of related experience in progressively more responsible financial roles.
- Excellent knowledge and experience using Adagio, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, ADPs Pay @ Work and PayDirt.
- The incumbent will demonstrate tact, excellent judgement, discretion and confidentiality at all times, along with a high degree of initiative, with proven skills to work with limited direction in a demanding work environment with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Knowledge of the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services, The Services and Supports to Promote the Social Inclusion of Persons with Developmental Disabilities Act, 2008 and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 would be an asset.
- Awareness of the Workplace Safety & Insurance Act and the Occupational Health & Safety Act, The Employment Standards Act and the duty to comply with Employer responsibilities as outlined therein.
- Must possess a valid class G license.
If you are interested in working in the Non-for-profit sector, share in the values and beliefs of the Community Living initiative, and are looking for a financial role where you can transition your skills in to a long term career, then please forward your detailed resume and cover letter, by no later than, August 2nd, 2019 outlining how your skills and experiences match the identified qualifications, duties and responsibilities to:
Roxanne.firstname.lastname@example.org. or mail it to Community Living Prince Edward, 67 King Street Unit #1, Picton, ON K0K 2T0
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those being selected for an interview will be contacted.
Community Living Prince Edward is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection and appointment processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to this process, please advise human resources of your need to accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.