You are invited to attend an amazing educational opportunity
Community Living Prince Edward is offering a 1-day Workshop on Conscious Care and Support.
Date: Thursday February 14, 2019
Time: 9:00am – 4:00pm
Where: The Town Hall, 2 Ross Street, Picton, ON K0K 2T0
For Whom: Teachers, Principals, Educators, Nutritionists/Dieticians, Dentists, Doctors, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacists, Health Care & Health & Wellness Professionals, Naturopaths, Psycho-Social Professionals, Families, Friends, Executive Directors, Managers and Supporters of children, youth and adults who have a disability
Cost: $55.00 including materials, snacks & lunch
Facilitated by: Peter Marks, A Centre for Conscious Care
What is the Conscious Care and Support Program?
Conscious Care and Support (CCS) is a training, development and consulting program for community support professionals, parents, family members, teachers and psycho-social professionals – “supporters” who provide service and support to individuals of all ages who have Autism Spectrum Disorder/Developmental Disorders (ASD/DD). The term “supporters” is used to identify all individuals who provide services, support and care for individuals with ASD/DD.
The program very significantly improves the skills of supporters beyond what is currently considered best practice in Ontario. As a result, individuals with ASD/DD get much better treatment and support as reported by measures of improved quality of life, learning, emotional well-being, and significantly reduced self-injurious behavior and aggression. CCS does not replace existing practices which are primarily behavioral interventions and traditional medical protocols. It does however considerably enhance the effectiveness of these approaches.
Overall, CCS addresses two key components to complement and enhance current approaches:
- Biomedical, energy balancing and protection, sensory and neurodevelopment interventions.
- Development of supporters’ emotional maturity and mindful self-regulation skills.
About the Facilitator: Peter Marks
Peter is not new to the world of developmental services as the overview of his experience below demonstrates.
- He has over 35 years of Human & Health Services’ organization & leadership development to facilitate effective, conscious and compassionate care and support.
- Peter is the co-founder and CEO of A Centre for Conscious Care and Support.
- He has acted as an International Mindfulness Facilitator since 1993.
- He has also acted as a Co-founder, Director, and Consultant in numerous Developmental Services and Mental Health Service systems across Ontario.
- Peter has been a guest lecturer and keynote speaker at various universities, conferences and Human and Health Services’ Organizations.
- Finally, Peter has 30+years of direct service as a volunteer with families and numerous human and health services providers.
FOR REGISTRATION CONTACT: Brenda McIntosh
Phone: 613-476-6038 ext. 124