INTERNAL /EXTERNAL POSTING
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – Resource Consultant and Respite Services Coordinator Full-Time (80 hours/pp)
Posting Date: July 8, 2021
Position Title: Full-Time Reduced Resource Consultant & Respite Coordinator
Reports To: Supervisor, Supports and Services
Position Descriptions and Requirements: The successful incumbent will:
- Have sound knowledge of working collaboratively with families and their children, caregivers, outside agencies and be able to coordinate resources which meet the family’s needs.
- Foster positive community partnerships and seek out opportunities to further the mission and vision of Community Living Prince Edward.
- Sound understanding of FOCUS Accreditation standards for children and families, legislation and compliance requirements and ensuring the Resource Consultant and Out Of Home Respite Services are in keeping with these standards.
- A proven leader and demonstrated initiative in using technology and utilizing new approaches to service delivery.
- An ability to think outside-the-box and provide innovative and creative strategies and approaches to engage children and families.
- Sound knowledge of community resources available for children, youth and families and the ability to lead team members to brainstorm and access services for complex cases.
- Representing CLPE, connecting with new families and completing intake packages. Taking the lead with new referrals and making recommendations for caseload assignments.
- Use Personal Outcome Measures to develop an Individualized Support Plan for children outlining goals and strategies for completing the desired outcomes.
- Have a sound understanding of human development with an exceptional philosophy base on inclusion and demonstrated past experience adapting childcare programs to meet the individualized need of the children and their families.
- Work in collaboration with childcare providers to create an optimal learning environment that is in keeping with current childcare legislation.
- Participate in organizational continuous quality improvement.
- Will be required to work directly with families and in childcare centres and have demonstrated skills in providing exceptional behaviour management strategies, cognitive development and school readiness strategies for children aged 0 to 12 years.
- Demonstrate skills and ability to liaison with the school system and supporting children and families with life transitions.
- Have past experiences with supporting families to apply for and utilize funding such as ACSD, SSAH, ASD funding.
- Past experience with supporting families to access respite funding and develop meaningful and innovative respite plans.
- Past experience with coordinating and collecting data, ensuring sound documentation and records are maintained.
- To maintain and monitor the respiteservices.com website for PEC in partnership with community agencies.
- Have the ability to represent CLPE through networking, committees, giving presentations and marketing services.
- Will be expected to bring to the position, past experiences with planning, co-ordinating and facilitating workshops and training opportunities for families and community partners.
- Work a flexible work schedule which could included evenings and weekends in keeping with the needs of the people and families we serve.
- Have their Current First Aid/ CPR level C certificate.
Mandatory Requirements: The successful candidate will have at least two (2) years experience working with children with special needs and families, along with two (2) years service coordination experience. You will also need a minimum of two (2) years’ experience with licenced child care, daycare, preschool or Early Learning Programs. You will possess a completed ECE diploma and a second completed diploma in the Human Service Field. The completion of the Resource Consultant Certificate would be an asset. Demonstrated ability using a variety of computer programs and sound keyboarding skills is required. A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required.
Resource Consultant Wage Scale: $28.19 (entry) $28.65 (Yr 1) $29.10 (Yr 2) 40 hours per week
Submit Resume & Cover Letter by: 4:30pm on Thursday, July 22, 2021
This posting is on the Employee Portal – you can apply using the link there.
Community Living Prince Edward
67 King Street, Unit #1, Picton, Ontario, KOK 2TO
(613) 476-2868 Fax or email@example.com
We would like to thank everyone for their interest, however only candidates who have passed their probation will be considered for an interview.
Community Living Prince Edward is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection and appointment processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to this process, please advise human resources of your need to accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.