Community Living Prince Edward has begun the countdown to Earth Day April 22 with participants seeking tips from other County residents on how they will support the earth.
From April 17-22, they invite you to share your tips and pledges in a comment on their Community Living Facebook page. Every comment will be entered into a draw to win an environmentally-friendly swag bag. Click here to post your tip or pledge!
To help get people started, here are some tips offered by Community Living of things you can do to support Earth Day:
– Instead of using more bag tags, use the green bin and compost
– Use reusable water bottles
– Don’t do laundry every day and don’t use small loads
– Use a cleaning cloth instead of paper towels
– Turn off lights when not in the room
– No single use plastics
– Host a Trash Bash Day
– In the winter, turn down your heat
– In the summer, don’t use your air conditioner, or, don’t have it set too cold.
Community Living Prince Edward is a voluntary membership organization that exists to support full participation, inclusion and citizenship of people who live with an intellectual disability.